Sushi master Silla Bjerrum, co-founder of Feng Sushi and acclaimed cookbook author, brings her 25+ years of experience to Borough Kitchen. Over the course of this 3-hour lesson, Silla will lead a small group in the art and practice of making sushi from scratch.
Key skills taught will include:
1. Hoso maki: cucumber and avocado thin rolls.
2. Ura maki: salmon with yuzu miso maki, spicy tuna inside out rolls.
3. Nigiri: salmon and tuna over hand-pressed seasoned rice.
4. Sashimi: how to prepare and properly cut raw salmon and tuna.
5. How to prepare sushi rice and how to select the best fish for making sushi.
What you need
Wednesday 21 November at 18:30
For more dates, click on Book Now.
Did you know?
Apples are made of 25% air, which is why they float. Avocado has highest protein content of all fruit. Cherries are a member of the rose family.
Find your way there
1 Hampstead High Street, London, UK
Ratings & Reviews5 (2)
- Borough Kitchen's London Cook Schools are offering cookery classes catered towards the urban home cook, the classes focus on culinary techniques that can be applied to any style of cooking. We offer a range of courses for all skill levels. Led by our classically-trained chefs, the Cook School uses Borough Kitchen